[vdr] STB VDR

Hi folks,
	after mailing with Klaus Schmidinger I'd like to introduce myself and give
you some insights about my ideas/plans for VDR:

My goal ist to have a digital video recorder on top of a Geode-base Allwell
set-top-box with a Bt878-based TV-card. I use those Allwell boxes at work and
like them very much, the advantages of these boxes are:

-fan-less, the only thing you hear is the HDD :-)
-remote control commands are received as normal keyboard key-presses, making
them trvial to catch and parse
-MPEG2 hardware en-/decoding
-one SCART input and one SCART output
-S-Video output (better quality than SCART)
-(optional TV tuner, but I want to use my old Bt878 card)
-quite cheap, a box costs AFAIK about $250

Those boxes also have two Ethernet ports, which makes them easy to
administrate.

The CPU is a x86 compatible Geode (AFAIK SC1200).

Klaus said he is planing to make VDR more modular and I'd like to help with
that and add plug-ins so I can use VDR with my planned box. This would also
help to get VDR run on "normal" Linux boxes with "normal" TV-cards.

I have yet to read through the sources and documentations. I will post some
thoughts as soon as I have done so.

C'ya,
	Marc

--