[vdr] Re: Feature suggestions

> TK> - When you decrease a starting time on a timer and cross a date border,
> TK> for example 00:00 on the 18th to 23:55 on the 17th, there should either
> TK> be a warning on the OSD to also change the date, or it should be
> TK> automagically changed and a warning issed that just this happened.
>
> warning - maybe.
> but to automatically change the date - better not.
> imagine you are entering a timer by hand, then you mostly change the date
> and then the time. You wouldn't like the idea that the (correctly entered)
> date is automatically changed to something wrong.

Well, a warning wouldn't change anything automatically but would point
out that you probably have to change the date, too...
IMHO useful.

> BTW - there is a setup option to set the start and end margins of a
> recording (if you create a timer from the shedules menu)

I already used that, it was set to 5 minutes.
The show started at 00:05, thus the timer was set to 00:00, which was
not enough for me, I pressed the left key a couple times just to be on
the safe side (23:55), at night sometimes they're not that punctually :(

> What if there are several recordings at the same time?

Good question.
I just can speak for myself, I just have one DVB-Card ;-)
But you can just set marks on the program you're watching, so I don't
think this would be a logical problem....

> TK> - I'd like to have a second type of timer that just changes the channel
> TK> but doesn't actually record.
>
> If there will be such a type of a timer, such timer should only have a
> start time/date and a channel.
> If such a timer hits, it should switch the primary card to that channel
> (of course if there's no recording)
> I think, there's no need for a priority for such a timer.

Exactly what I had in mind =)

> is this "Alpha Centauri" not broadcasted always at the same time?
> you could tell vdr to record e.g. every Mon and Thu at 12:00-13:00

I don't know :(
In any case I don't trust periodical timers - and why should I, there's
a EPG (and the videotext of course).
Well anyways, an automtication like this would be very comfortable ;)

> TK> most probably more than just one channel. With this you can zap back
> TK> directly to the channel you've started.
>
> there is already such a key - "0", but it switches only to the
> _previously_ shown channel.

Exact thing I had in mind is like you're on channel 5, rapidly switch to
  6,7,8 and stay there. Then if you press the zapback you get to 5,
again to 8.

The TV of my parents used to have that, very practical!

I have to admit that I didn't try the patches yet, if there's a
functionality like this already please ignore my suggestion ;-)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index