[vdr] Re: Feature suggestions

Hello!

Am Donnerstag, 18. April 2002 13:52 schrieb Sergei Haller:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Andreas Roedl (AR) wrote:

> such a feature would be configurable of course.

> sure, a cronjob which sends a CHAN command is a workround. But you need
> access to the console (directly on the keyboard or via net) everytime you
> want to change/add such a switching timer.

> I think, what he's asking for is a way to do that directly in VDR.

> Another example of such a feature: You're going to watch a movie, say at
> 21:30, but you may forget to switch to that channel, because youre
> watching some really nice commertials on an other channel at the time. If
> you had programmed such a "switching" timer, vdr would just switch to the
> needed channel at 21:30 automatically.

My idea is to wait 'till we have a more or less working plugin-interface
available, untill then we shouldn't include more and more features. We could
talk about these feature requests later. It doesn't make sense to me to
include more patches to the AIO thing, because Klaus won't include anything
like that to his branch of vdr. Do you really wanna have a AIO with
"CHANSWTIMER=1" or "RADIOLOGO=1"? The effort of managing a working/stable AIO
is increasing with every single patch. I'd rather spend the time for the
plugin system. But this is only my point of view.

Andi
--
Web:   http://www.flood-net.de/
Mail:  flood@flood-net.de