[vdr] Re: Feature suggestions

>>One possible solution I could imagine would be to reset a timer
>>every time the channel is switched, and if that timer exceeds a certain
>>(configurable) limit, the channel that was tuned to at that time becomes
>>the new "last channel".

>>What about that?
>>

> I like it.
> In fact, I had the same idea. ;-)

This is exactly what I had in mind when I described it.
Some TV sets have this feature on the remote control, not many german
though but almost all US-TVs I encountered and I can tell your that it
is _very_ practical! :-)

Now I'm curious, since I'm at work since 9 this morning and will still
be here for a couple hours (and thus haven't had any chance to try it
out): what does "0" actually do if it doesn't do what Klaus described?

> Of course, this could be extended, so vdr would enter the last
> ten of these "watched for over a minute" channels into a
> "todays favourite channels menu" that I can bring up with
> one button and select from it with one digit button.
Like that speed dial feature you have on your cellphone?

I like that ;-)

Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index