[vdr] Re: STB VDR

hi,

just my 2cent:

the 2 scarts could be: 1 out (to tv), one in/out (for vcr).

> It's a set-top box, it's an embedded device that is targeted to be in your
> living room, connected to your TV set. It has a cool extra chip on the
> mainboard: the Sigma EM8400 for MPEG2 en-/decoding (we're not entirely sure
> about encoding yet, but their graphs that came with the docs suggest that;

can only decode mpeg. but does support osd !!! driver and software are
available at sigma designs (though binary only). look for "netstream".

> BTW: We found out that even with PAL, S-Video has a much better quality than
> SCART is able to offer :-) I don't know enough technical details to say why
> this the case.

the scart connector can be used for fbas, s-video, rgb. the quality
depends
on what you are using/have configured.

the real question is: is this board supported by the netstream stuff
/other drivers? is everything else supported?

if yes, it might be a good box for a nova-ci (if ever supported).
and: time shifting would be possible with one dvb card.

greetings,

--
  markus schorer              fon 089.540.149.0

Home | Main Index | Thread Index