[vdr] Re: STB VDR

On Friday 19 April 2002 15:26, you wrote:
> > > Does that mean that only 2.5" HDDs are working in the box?
> > > I read that 2 3.5" bays are available.
> >
> > Because of missing 3,5" IDE power connectors, yes, only 2,5" HDDs.
>
> 2.5" and 3.5" are electrically identical.
> one has 40-pin ribbon plus 4-pin power connector the other
> has 44-pin ribbon connector. There are simple adapters to connect
> a 2.5" HDD to standard equipment (44-pin female -> 40-pin male + 4-pin
> power).
> E.g. look at
> http://www.stonewallcable.com//product.asp?dept%5Fid=122&pf%5Fid=A4044+++++
>+ ++++++++
>
> Since the inverse adapter (44m->40f) is rather usually senseless I suppose
> it
> must be self made.
>
> CU,
> Christian.

Hmmm, no, the power connector is different: the one on the cable that your
link points to is a 5,25" power connector (sorry, I always said 3,5"
instead). But the power connector needed is about the same as CPU fans use. I
looked at several internet stores and searched through Google but I could not
find one. But we have to buy some of these anyway, as I also need one. So if
you order the box, I'll donate the necessary cable ;-)
C'ya,
	Marc

Home | Main Index | Thread Index