[vdr] Re: Feature suggestions

"Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M" wrote:

> > > - A Zap-Back key.
> > > To zap back to the channel you've previously been.
> >
> > RTFM!!! Just press the "0" button. All right, I found this
> > right in the moment
> > as I wanted to implement it by myself, reading the source. :-)
> >

> Please, read the original post. He doesn't want the previous channel.
> He wants to memorize a certain channel start zapping and then go back to the
> memorized channel. If zapping means 'switching once' to you then the '0' key is
> fine. In any other case ot wouldn't do the job.

Hmm. The 'history list' with its 'back' and 'forward' functionality as
offered by (some) browsers comes to mind: memorize the last xxx channels
and define 2 buttons on the remote control for moving back and forward
(are there any left???).

Apart from that I agree with Klaus that the core functionality of VDR
should be kept as lean as possible - hence the plugin interface.

An idea for a first plugin and subproject could be to offer a
possibility to VDR users to implement their own extensions for user
interaction by defining additional menus and their functionality in
external description files and scripts. A kind of 'WAP server' for VDR
??? I think it could solve a lot of Thomas Keils original feature
requests.

Any suggestions?

CU
Thomas