[vdr] Re: DTS, again

On Friday 19 April 2002 10:13, Swen Voigt wrote:
> Hello list,
> yesterday I installed the 1.0 version + latest AIO (15.04) on my box.
> Everything worked fine - except DTS. In case I select a DTS track I hear
> nothing and the receiver shows nothing (AUTO-,DTS- and PCM-Mode).
>
> Coming back to my problem, that's the environment I use:
> - linux 2.4.18
> - DVD Schuh des Manitou, or Test DVD with DTS Trailers
> - SPDIF output of the DVB-C card
> - Receiver Denon 2802
> - COAX to Optical Converter

DTS support code was inspired by xine, theyr source is the only reference i
could find. vdr is generating the exact same frames as they do. The DVB card
however, is not able to set a certain bit in the frame header that is
apparently required by some receivers.

I have reports on some receivers working with DD and DTS, and some with DD but
not DTS. Without further information, i see not chance to improve DD and DTS
support.

You just have to get a soundcard with SPDIF out.

Sorry,

  Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index