[vdr] Re: SAMBA incompatibilities with VFAT=1 directory names

I think I have the answer.  I was confused a little by a small quirk.
You can not have directories ending with a period.

When I had "directory" and "directory." minus quotes it appeared that
you could see the contents of both directories.  What was in fact
happening was that when I browsed to "directory.", I was in fact seeing
the contents of "directory".  Some part of the equation, either the
Windows SMB client or Linux samba is removing the period from the
directory name.  And unless another directory happens to exist that has
the same name minus the period, it will seem as if the directory does
not exist.

Simon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index