[vdr] Re: SAMBA incompatibilities with VFAT=1 directory names

> Gee, a few days ago I said to myself I wouldn't get involved in
> discussions
> about Windoze deficiencies any more. But when reading messages like
this
> one,
> requiring every software to limit itself to the capabilities (or lack
> thereof)
> of Windoze, I just can't hold back... Why don't people march towards
> Redmond
> and request M$ to fix *their* product?

We would if we could :)  As far as VDR goes VFAT is great for those of
us who have to use VDR and Windows side-by-side.  Thanks Klaus for
implementing it.

On a side note - what's the reasoning behind VDR using "_" instead of "
" in directory names?

Simon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index