[vdr] Re: AW: VDR with AIO-patch seems to disable dma

On 20.04.02 at 21:53 Andreas Schultz wrote:

>On Saturday 20 April 2002 19:35, Eike M. Lang wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:09:44 +0200, Andreas Schultz wrote concerning
>"[vdr]
>> Re: AW: VDR with AIO-patch seems to disable dma":
>>
>> [dma gets disabled when playing DVDs]
>>
>> > I'm not aware of anything in vdr, the dvd or the AIO patch that would
>> > reset your ide parameters.
>> > Have you tried setting the 'keep settings' parameter to 1?
>>
>> Just tried that, to no avail, somemthing definitely turns it off,
>> but thanks for the hint.
>>
>> I'll try hooking the DVD up to the regular IDE controller instead
>> of the on-board Promise controller and let everyone know if that
>> was of any help.
>
>there is one more thing i could think of, but it is so trivial and i'm not
>sure it could happen in your case....

>reset
>of the paramters, also an ide bus error would eventualy result in such a
>reset. Any of those events should show up in your syslog.
>
>btw: are you using the kernel provided by your distro and what distro are
>you
>using?
>
>Andreas

In the description of hdparm is also a remark that the kernel resets the parameters from time to time. Thats why there is also a parameter to make the changed parameters permanent.
Don't ask me why that is all i have read.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index