[vdr] Re: instant recording - timer? add : transponder search

There's a difference between instant recording and timed recordings:

Instant means that the user is sitting behind or close to the VDR box
to activate instant recording. They usual can turn it off too so there's no
timer needed for instant recording.
   But: a nice feature would be to add a time limit during recording in case
          the user decides later on that he/she will not be able to stop the
          recording by hand.

If the user records channels with the timer then it's known that the instant
recording function will not be used for that TV channel at that date/time
for instance recording stuff during the night or when thge user is watching
to another TV channel (on cable/terrestrial) while VDR is recording.

New topic : transponder/sat search.

I know two ways to update the channel list of VDR:

   - manual entry of all data
   - updating the channels config file.

What about transponder/sattelite search?
Such a  search on my old nokia9500 took some time but VDR should be able
to do that much faster (nokia has a slow CPU) It's just lookin in all
transponders
for PMT and that means also auto PID detection.

Oh well, just my proposal for upcomming versions or eh trash info heh

Stefaan