[vdr] Re: instant recording - timer?

Andreas,

Look at the functions of a normal video recorder.
There's no need to press a button for more time.
If a user presses the recording button then the video recorder
has also no idea when it has to stop unless the user ends the recording.

About diskspace : VDR shows how much space there is left on the harddisk
but the presentation is not really user friendly.  The percentage or a
graphical
progress bar are a fine start but we humans count with hours and minutes.
We all know how much space a DVB recording takes but still ... I would find
it normal if VDR shows the free space as time

  example :    Recorder space: 20:15
                        or                   20 hours 15 minutes

So: please; no button to add more time but just endless recording as
default.
VDR could be better on that then a classic analog video recorder.
Add for instance 'Set time' under 'stop recording' (or another name)
As mentioned a few times now, it's handy if the user can start a quick
recording
but realizes that he/she won't stop it so there's where a timer can be
handy.
If a late night movie of 2:20 hours is being recorded and after 1:20 hours
the users says... argh bed time.  A set time option could help where the
user
can enter the STOP time (24 hours format)

What do Y'all find of auto scan channel/transponder/sat?

Stefaan