[vdr] Any interest in Teralogic cards for ATSC support?

Hello,
I am new to the list, but have been following the VDR development off
and on for a few months hoping that ATSC support would start showing up.
Since I did not see much new information on support for ATSC after
searching the mail list archives, I took it upon myself to ask Teralogic
if they would be interested in providing enough information to develop
Linux support for the Janus PCI card, and possibly port some of the
LinuxTV project to the Cougar development platform.

A representative from Teralogic has emailed me back offering to call me
to discuss what would be required for that to happen.  In his words,
"there are a number of software license and I/P issues that would have
to be addressed before we could proceed."
Obviously any documentation only available under NDA would not be in the
best interest of the LinuxTV project, but best case I am hoping that
perhaps they could provide hardware documentation, and just strip all of
the proprietary software which normally ships as part of the development
kit (I know that the Cougar platform normally ships with VxWorks RTOS
which would not be of interest here).

So is there enough interest from U.S. based developers to try and pursue
this as a means of expanding VDR to support ATSC?  I don't have the
driver skills or time to do this on my own, but I will follow up on this
as much as I can if others are interested.

-- Chris Caudle

Home | Main Index | Thread Index