[vdr] Re: instant recording - timer?

Stefaan Coddé wrote:

> [...]

That's just because VDR works fine already, and I didn't miss that feature
yet. I'm not saying that such a feature will never be part of VDR.

> Not only computer users would love to control a VDR box and there are
> enough people who hardly can operate a timed video recording on a
> analog video recorder.
>
> The free disk space stays the problem , even when the timer is set to 2 or 3
> hours but as written in my previous message.. a free disk space message
> on the main EPG screen telling how much time there's left on the
> harddisk(s).
> Everyone knows the time format but a percentage as text or bar graph
> is something else.

Could you please take a look at http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/software.htm,
especially the first screen shot. In the middle of the title bar you can see
the free disk space in hours and minutes - isn't that what you want?
Maybe I just don't see what you are aiming at...

Klaus