[vdr] Re: warmed up again : DXR3 with VDR

Andreas Schultz wrote:

> On Tuesday 23 April 2002 10:41, Ulrich Gierschner wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> > I try to get a "Networked Video Station" working with a Realmagic alias
> > Creative DXR 3 Mpeg2 Card.
> > It works quite fine yet,  but what I am missing is the feature and the
> > comforts of the vdr osd-menu...
> > Does anyone know how to adapt - at least the "Records" and the "Mplayer"
> > Item to the DXR3 ?
> > I think it should not have to be too much work, because with the DXR3 you
> > also have two devices /dev/dxr3_ma and /dev/dxr3_mv ...  you "only" need to
> > get the recording stuff out or (later) send any recording "actions" to the
> > server.
> >
> > Did anyone do something like this before ? Or does anyone knows a
> > "Filebrowser" which does suppoert the DXR3 OSD ?
>
> afaik supports the DXR3 only DVD type SPU's for OSD. vdr uses only bitmaps for
> it's OSD, so implementing a spuencoder for those bitmaps shouldn't be too
> difficult. I'm not sure about the colorspace available on teh DXR3, but vdr
> does not use so much color anyway.

I'm going to make the OSD interface in VDR more abstract while I implement
the plugin feature, so it should be no problem to redirect the VDR OSD to any
device that can display a bitmap image (simple bitmap data as used in VDR/dvbosd.c).
All you will need to do is implement a function that can transfer a region of bitmap
data from the VDR data structure to the target display.

Klaus