[vdr] Big Problem with playing DVD's

Hello,

this is my second try with my DVD-problem.

First time nobody resonse to my question. I hope, this time somebody can help me with my DVD-Problem.

I have four DVD's (Tremors 1; Tremors 2; Der Schuh des Manitu and Miss
Undercover)
All four are the German Versions and with all four replay is not smooth.

DVD frozen every few seconds for millisecond.
Audio and Video stucks every few seconds.
On a "normal" DVD-Player all four DVD's plays smooth.

My Linux-VDR:
Duron 800Mhz, DVD 16x , Suse 7.2 , Kernel 2.4.4
2x Hauppauge DVB-S 2.1 ,VDR 1.0.0 with AIO 17.04.02 and the DVB-Driver
Siemens_dvb-0.9.4-2002-04-01.tgz from Klaus Schmidinger's site.

No problems with VDR record and replay only with DVD replay.

DMA for the DVD-ROM-Drive is enabled.

I have testet DVD-Speed with different hdparm -E Option's.

hdparm -E1  Buffer-cache reads 193 MB/sec, disk reads 3,51 MB/sec /dev/dvd
hdparm -E4  Buffer-cache reads 193 MB/sec, disk reads 3,51 MB/sec /dev/dvd
hdparm -E16 Buffer-cache reads 193 MB/sec, disk reads 3,51 MB/sec /dev/dvd
hdparm -E48 Buffer-cache reads 193 MB/sec, disk reads 3,51 MB/sec /dev/dvd

No change with different -E parameter.

I have copyed the complete DVD on my harddisk and have link /dev/hda with /dev/dvd .
With replay DVD from my harddisk same problem, the replay stucks every few
seconds.

I testet it with older VDR-versions and older DVB-versions with all testet versions the replay is unsmooth.

What can i test next?

I think i need a little bit of help because i like my VDR-machine and i don't want to buy a externe DVD-Player.

Holger Wagner

Home | Main Index | Thread Index