[vdr] Re: Big Problem with playing DVD's

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 22:22, Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:
> Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:
> > > -Libdvdread: Using libdvdcss.so.2 for DVD access
> > > ( two times this message)
> > >
> > > -demux: dvdreadblocks returned 0
> > > ( a lot of times this message!)
> >
> > reads from DVD are screwed, either libdvdcss could not descramble the
> > disc or reads from the dvd failed.
>
> i have just upgraded to vanilla vdr-1.0.1 with dvd-nav-10 and i see
> exactly the same problems as holger.
>
> BUT ONLY IF I DO "export DVDCSS_METHOD=key" FIRST.

oh well, i came up with that after i had problems with key retrivial on some
DVD's. I think "Schuh des Manitu" was one of them. But i have a RPC-I drive,
might be different with other drives.

I'll guess i'm going to try some other versions of libdvdread and see whats
comming up....

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index