[vdr] Re: Big Problem with playing DVD's

Hello Andreas,

i have noticed a problem with runvdr. I have two versions of runvdr on my disk.

One is in /usr/local/src/VDR and the other is different and is located in
/usr/bin

I think I have to copy the correct runvdr to /usr/bin and test my DVD again.

The LED is the HD-LED conected to my motherboard so the syncron flashing with DVD-LED will be normal.

I will post the result of my runvdr change later. (as soon as possible)

Thanks.

Holger

"Andreas Schultz" <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> schrieb:
> Hi Holger,
>
> On Tuesday 23 April 2002 18:59, Holger Wagner wrote:
> > Hello Andreas,
>
> [..]
>
> > New thing i noticed at the moment. When DVD is playing, the Harddisk-LED is
> > flashing syncron with the LED on DVD-ROM. I this right??
>
> depends, do you mean the LED on your HD or the HD LED connected to your
> motherboard? the first would indicate a problem, the second is normal.
>
> > Following Message at Linux-Desktop is coming wenn starting DVD-Play:
> >
> > -No accelerated IMDCT transform found
> >
> > -Libdvdread: Using libdvdcss.so.2 for DVD access
> > ( two times this message)
> >
> > -demux: dvdreadblocks returned 0
> > ( a lot of times this message!)
>
> reads from DVD are screwed, either libdvdcss could not descramble the disc or
> reads from the dvd failed.
>
> please check that 'DVDCSS_METHOD=key' is set, runvdr does it automaticly, also
> try setting 'DVDCSS_VERBOSE=2' and post vdr's output.
>
> The patch is not need anymore, the 'demux: xxx' message was a better hint.
>

> Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index