[vdr] Writing Radio Frequency (RF) MouseRemote control support for VDR

I have just bought a MouseRemote
(http://www.x10.com/products/x10_mk19a.htm) and I am working on a way to
use it with VDR.  At the moment I have a small c program that reads in
the MouseRemote key presses and writes appropriate characters out on the
standard output stream.  I run VDR using the following command:

mm2keys | vdr -w 60 -c /usr/local/etc/vdr -v /video0 -D 0 -D 1

where mm2keys is my C program.

I am having trouble with the cursor keys and the function keys.  I can
pass escape sequences to the std out but the appropriate sequences
change depending on where I run VDR from.  If I start vdr at system
start up it requires one set of escape sequences and if I start it from
a terminal session then it requires another set of escape sequences.

Does anyone know if there are standardised escape sequences for up
arrow, down arrow, left arrow, right arrow, F1, F2, F3 and F4 or do I
have to do some creative programming?

Does anyone have an alternative solution?

I would really like to get this working properly as it's nice to be able
to use VDR with an RF remote.

Thanks,

Simon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index