[vdr] Re: SAMBA incompatibilities with VFAT=1 directory names

apieper@gmx.net wrote:

> > Die#5FGoetter#5Fmuessen#5Fverrueckt#5Fsein                   svdrphosts.
> > conf
> > RMT-V102
> > svdrphosts.conf~
> > Was#5FSie#5Fschon#5Fimmer#5Fueber#5FSex#5Fwissen#5Fwollten   timers.conf
> > stereo:/video #
> >
> > Maybe you understand my problem better when you see this. I use also the
> > AIO
> > patch 10.04, and VDR 1.0.0 so I don't know if this happens also with
> > vanilla
> > VDR 1.0.1. But these are the facts.
>
> This neither happen with vanilla vdr or vdr with aio.
> I use vdr for over a year now and never saw a dir-listing like yours above.
>
> > My system is Linux kernel 2.4.10 on
> > distri 7.3 SUSE. Maybe I have a problem with the language settings or font
> > settings or stty settings or settings whereever in this "correct"
> > filesystem.
>
> I guess that's it.
>
> ...Andreas

I don't think this has anything to do with kernel or distribution version.
I am also using kernel 2.4.10 from SuSE 7.3.
The problem seems to be that the timers have file names that already map
blanks to underlines (see my other posting).

Klaus