[vdr] Re: vdr - some general questions

Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>  wrote:

> > Tobias Meyer-Janson wrote:

> > > - I noticed that playing  recordings stops about 1s befor the end. Is

Nobody any idea to this?
Now I realized that the 1s are not constant. So for configuring a
cutting I do not know how much ofset I have to add at last to enable
watching the cutted recording upto the end.

> > > - Is there a rule, when deleted files will be removed?

> Actually they are removed when there is no other activity (like recording
> or user activity).

Hmm, I expected this but in my case it seems that vdr waits until the
space is needed. I think I have to watch at this, perhaps in the past
when I tested it there was not enough idle.

> This is to minimize the risk of interfering with a
> recordings disk activity.

Good point.

> If a recording is going on and the system is runnign out of free disk space,
> deleted files are removed even during recording to make room for the new
> recording.

Should I expect problems concerning the disk speed if there are 1 or 2
recordings and one removing operation?
(Or 1-2 recordings & 1 cutting so that than the source can be deleted
and removed.)

TMJ

Home | Main Index | Thread Index