[vdr] Re: crashes

Martin Werber <werber@mpiz-koeln.mpg.de>  wrote:

> > Tobias Meyer-Janson wrote:
> >
> > > Something often crashes my vdr system. [...]
> > > Also, if I play some recording I often see (and sometimes hear (!))
> > > digital artefacts if my system were to slow.

> I had a lot of crashes during the last weeks. As i changed hardware and
> upgraded to Mandrake 8.2 [...] Second thing i s that these crashes
> seem to apear more often on Prosieben.

In my case I cannot see any correlation to specific channels. I think it
crashes often if it has something to do and very often during heavyly
use with recordings and cuttings.

> At the moment i am cooling the cards with a small fan and since then i
> don't have any problems any more ...

I looked up the temperature in the BIOS (CPU ~50-55 °C, System ~35 °C)
but I have no information about the cards in particular.
Also I have 3 fans in the Midi-Tower: CPU, power adapter and Case-Fan
(above cards, next to the CPU). The air that the case-fan blows out of
the case seems to be not much warmer than the temperatur in the room.

How can I check if the cards need an extra fan? And where can I install
one? Can a hot card also cause the problems with the artefacts?

TMJ

Home | Main Index | Thread Index