[vdr] Crashes, OSD Color

Hi,

Like some other people here i also have problems with relatively
frequent crashes of vdr (only the task, not the whole pc)
But since i use the daemontools from dan bernstein
(http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html) it only takes some seconds to resart
vdr and is much more reliable than the runvdr script which, at least for
me, did not work very well.

But what really "annoys" me is that after some time (varies wildly from
10 minutes to 10 hours) the OSD Colors are completly F****D UP. So that
it becomes impossible to read anything, so i have to restart vdr.
That is not really a problem for me, but for the other "non-pc" guys in
my house ist a real pain in the ass.

So i hope anyone has found out how to fix it (or why this happens).

I use a rev. 2.1 board
Suse 7.3
siemens-dvb-01.04.2002
Vdr-1.0.1-AIO (also happens with plain vdr from 0.99 to 1.0.1)

Cu Ulrich

PS: i don't want to offend anyone with this posting (especially not
klaus who did a real great job building this). I simply wnat to point
out where are the biggest problems in my eyes.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index