[vdr] Re: crashes

Axel Gruber wrote:

> > I hope this was'nt said a few mails before.
> > I had a lot of crashes during the last weeks. As i changed hardware and
> > upgraded to Mandrake 8.2
> > i was not shure what made the diffrerence for crashing so often. Second
> > thing i s that these crashes
> > seem to apear more often on Prosieben.
> > At the moment i am cooling the cards with a small fan and since then i
> > don't have any problems any more ...
>
> What do you exact mean with "crashes" ?
>
> 1.Do you mean that VDR make a RESTART ?
> 2.Or do you mean your complete VDR-Machine hang up ?
>
> I had Problems with opton 2 ! - But since i have changed to SUSE 7.3 - no more
> Problems !
>
> Sometimes my VDR hangup and the Script make a reload - but thatīs not important....

I have :

Mandrake 8.2
kernel 2.4.18
abit kt7a
and 2 DVB 1.3
i am recording on VFAT
i have a 40m kabel to the dish
The problems apear only when recording.

i mean crashing again and agian after reload with runvdr.  Sometimes the system
completely hangs and i have to reboot.
The error message is as i remember (i am at work) ---> video stream broken.
second i also have the OSD Colors changing. They are getting very transparent.
I did use VDR some time ( maybe 1/2  year) ago with the same machine and i didn't have
the problems.
with watchtvpro I can record good streams (as pvastrumento says)...
Can it be that the linux driver is more problematic on hardware condition like
temperature voltage stability .. than the TT driver?

Greetings Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index