[vdr] Re: recording on almost full hdd

apieper@gmx.net wrote:
> the last days my hdd ran almost out of space.
> While recording i got many watchdog-exits and
> fragmented recordings.
> As you can see this occurs every 10 minutes.
> What can i do aside from buying a bigger hdd?

Quite a while ago I experimented with reiserfs and XFS.
I found out that reiserfs (and IIRC other file systems)
got extremely slow when the disk was almost full.
In my experiments, only XFS did not show this problem.
Maybe your problems have to do with that (unless you already
use XFS of course).

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index