[vdr] Re: Hardware falures

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Hardware falures (29-Apr-2002 16:09)
From:    einStein@donau.de
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> Servus
>
> Uhm, are your DVB cards also failing so often? Recently I sent mine to
> the factory for the second time. I just want to check wether that's just
> my card or a general problem with Haupauge's cards.

Here: 1 DVBs-card v1.3, 2 years old -no failure
      1 DVBs-card v1.3, ~1 year old -no failure
      1 nova-card, 1/2 year old -no failure

Because the DVBs-cards (especially the full-featured) get very hot i
installed a 8cm-cooler in front of them, now i can touch them without
harm. Maybe your card fails because of the heat?

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index