[vdr] Feasibility of VDR mods

I'm working on a dvb (Nova/Budget) plugin for xine. Xine (xine.sf.net)
uses software demuxers/decoders, rather than hardware.

I realize that there is no CAM solution. However, the dvb here in North
America is generally either fta or encrypted with no subscription available.

Rather than trying to extend one of the existing front-ends for xine, it
would might make more sense to use VDR. It's not clear (at least to me)
how difficult it would be to do this. If it does have some merit, could
you give me a list of features that a software back-end for VDR would
have to have and how I might proceed?

Some obvious requirements:

1. OSD
    Xine does have support for this.

2. TV-out
    At least Matrox supports a tv-out driver as well as several open
source projects. I don't know about other graphics boards. How to hook
up the xine decoder is TBD.

I'd appreciate any/all thoughts.

Steve

Home | Main Index | Thread Index