[vdr] Re: OT: Record a DVD on the fly ?

Hello Axel,

I know very little about linux, even less about vdr (I don't have a DVB-S
card yet), and almost nothing about DVD-Rs.
But I'm a Mad Video Collector (TM), who owns 17000 movies on VHS and who'd
like to start recording on DVD-R (true Video DVD readable on standalone DVD
players).

Are you saying that you can convert any VDR recording to MPEG2 burnable onto
DVD? Were you able to automate the process? Would it possible to automate
the process
 	analog source -> capture -> mpeg2 encoding (on the fly or not) ->
burning onto DVD

Which combination or hw/sw (DVB-S or analog capture card) let you capture on
the fly onto DVD-R on windows? Can you capture on the fly then finalize the
dvd and get something readable on standalone DVD players?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but these are quite important for me (I'm
impatient to have 10,000 DVDs lying around instead of 20,000 VHS ;-) )

Thanks,

Best regards,

Philippe