[vdr] Re: Idea: Volume Offset per Channel

Hello!

Am Mittwoch, 1. Mai 2002 14:45 schrieb Ulrich Petri:
> my idea was to add another column to the channels.conf where a "volume
> offset" for each channel would be stored.
> For example MTV German is extremly loud while some other channels are
> much quiter.
> So the idea is when switching to that channel the volume is
> automatically reduced by the offset value (and restored of course when
> leaving the channel).
>
> What do u think?

Nice!

We should think about the structure of channels.conf anyway, because there are
some important informations missing. Lets have a look at the channels.conf of
tzap:

Pro7:714000000:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_16:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE:161:82

compared to VDRs channels.conf:

PRO 7:714000:V:0:27500:161:82:0:1:19

This is a small cutout of dvbapi.c

----- snip -----
       case FE_OFDM: { // DVB-T

            // Frequency and OFDM paramaters:

            Frontend.Frequency = Frequency * 1000UL;
            Frontend.Inversion = INVERSION_AUTO;
            Frontend.u.ofdm.bandWidth=BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ;
            Frontend.u.ofdm.HP_CodeRate=FEC_2_3;
            Frontend.u.ofdm.LP_CodeRate=FEC_1_2;
            Frontend.u.ofdm.Constellation=QAM_64;
            Frontend.u.ofdm.TransmissionMode=TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K;
            Frontend.u.ofdm.guardInterval=GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32;
            Frontend.u.ofdm.HierarchyInformation=HIERARCHY_NONE;
            }
            break;
----- snap -----

This has been added by Dave Chapman for UK DVB-T, but these settings are wrong
for the german DVB-T (mostly: QAM_16, TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K,
QUARD_INTERVAL_1_8).

It would be nice to have those things configurable.

Andi

--
Web:   http://www.flood-net.de/
Mail:  flood@flood-net.de

Windows sucks, Linux rules :-)              http://srom.zgp.org/
Watch more TV! http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/software.htm
Who needs DivX?                          telnet blinkenlights.nl

Home | Main Index | Thread Index