[vdr] Re: Alphabetical sort order in the recordings menu ???

Karsten Müller wrote:

> you could try this:
>
>         touch --date="2002-01-01 18:50:50" your-recording.rec
>
> Hope this helps...
>
> - --
> with best regards
> - --
> Karsten Mueller
> Softwaredevelopment / Keyaccount Manager
> RATIO Entwicklungen GmbH
> Admiralitaetstr. 59
> 20459 Hamburg
> Email: mailto:kmu@ratio.de
>
> Norbert Schmidt wrote:

> |>maybe a bit ugly one:
> |>
> |>rename the recordings directories on the shell, such that they are
> |>ordered in the way you like it
> |>

> |>c ya
> |>        Sergei
> |

> | Hi Sergei,
> |
> | thanxs  ;-).
> |
> | This was my first try. Additionally I renamed each subdir in
> | the film-directories to unique 2002-01-01.18:00.50.50.rec. I
> | thought this is the basis for the sorting. No success.
> |
> | CU Norbert
> | without success.

The sorting is done based on the recording date that is stored in the
directory name. Setting all dates to the same value results in no sorting
at all, since there is no date that is "less than" another one.

To use this workaround I suggest setting the dates/times in such a way that
they have increasing values with respect to the alphabetical order of the
recordings.

Klaus