[vdr] Re: PVR users are thieves

Andreas Roedl wrote:

> It was bound to happen - 2600.com is reporting that Turner Broadcasting
CEO
> Jamie Kellner is calling PVR users thieves. When asked why personal video
> recorders are bad for the industry, Keller says 'Because of the ad
skips....
> It's theft. Your contract with the network when ............

It's all rediculous but if we... customers... don't respond to all those
rules  soon then they'll push them onto us, no matter what we (the consumer)
think about it.
Let's keep it legal for once:
I still watch free to air stations and I don't mind a few commercial breaks
in a movie as long as they don't break too often and the breaks don't take
too long AND it's not filled with dull commercials.
Now, let's suppose that I want to subscribe to Premiere yes I WANT TO PAY.
I can't cause I don't live in Germany. If I hack the channel... am i
stealing their service? That would be a heavy nut to crack if it comes to
court.

Commercials : Who can tell WHICH commercial had an influence on our
purchase? We have to deal with add's 24hours/day...radio, newspaper,
magazines, on the street, in a bus/train. So we get flooded with commercials
in different forms day in day out.
Big global ...or let's take just European companies carry different brand
names
for the same prdouct, pending on the country. Those advertising guys came on
the idea that name XXXX would not be a great idea to use in that country.

Too bad: my VDR box ain't running yet.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index