[vdr] Re: PVR users are thieves

> I doubt that calling customers thieves works out positively in the
> future. I think the whole broadcasting industry will change drastically
> over the next 5-10 years, and advertising during breaks will be dead in
> the long-term.

Just my 2cent:
I would watch commercials if they are interesting - but why should i watch
the toilet-paper ad the 500th time? The problem is self amplified, as the
price for the movies went up because of the price for commercials went up, so
if no one no longer watches commercials the price for movies will settle down
to reasonable values again.
If you take the theft-idea far enough we are soon living in a
"brave-new-world" were you are not even allowed/able to switch your TV off.
Why let's not do the final step and have our babies get genetically modified,
so it's clear they will buy this or this product because it's programmed to
do so? Maybe you will automatically order any product whoes ad you skipped
until you watch the ad again?
Crazy? - no just the way it goes if we don't intervent. BTW, there is enough
ads in PTV as well as in the cinema - and do you not pay enough?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index