[vdr] Re: Problem with libdvdcss opening /dev/dvd

Emil Naepflein <Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on a system with SuSE 2.4.4 Kernel and vdr-1.0.1. I wanted to install
> DVD support but I always get the error messages.
>
> libdvdcss error: css error: ioctl_ReadCopyright failed, make sure DVD
> ioctls were compiled in
> libdvdcss error: css test failed
> libdvdread: Can't open /dev/dvd for reading.
>
> I use libdvdread-0.9.2 and libdvdcss-0.0.3 which run without any
> problem on a different system. The device node is available with rw
> permissions for all. I can mount the dvd without any problem.

i had similar problems when i used the native ATAPI kernel driver for my
ide dvd. as soon, as i switched over to scsi emulation these problems
were gone. i don't remember, if i got the same error messages, though!

it's worth a try...
clemens

Home | Main Index | Thread Index