[vdr] Re: What about an passive mode of VDR?

Ulrich Petri schrieb:

> I don't know for sure, but if the driver is unloaded, the power to lnb
> is (AFAIK) turned off and also the ARM isn't working, is it? So i think
> it will prolong the lifetime !?
>
> Cu Ulrich

Well the problem which might arrise here is temperature. If the voltage
is turned on, the LNB will be heated, but if you turn of the heat it
cools down and heats up a lot so the temperature isn't as stable as it
is when you leave it on constantly. However if you want to turn down the
heat I would recommend to run a seperate cable from the PC to after the
voltage regulator inside the LNB.
BTW, can we make the voltage levels for the polarisation adjustable? So
we can save a bit of heat.

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index