[vdr] Re: Passive mode of VDR/EPG scan schedule for saving electricity

Carsten Koch schrieb:

> Daniel Schneider wrote:
> > Maybe a scan of each channel two times a day (or even once?) is
> > enough?
>
> You can disable the EPG scan entirely in the setup menu.
>
> Maybe a setup item that allows/disallows to turn the card
> into standby mode would also be nice.

Well how about having a setup item which goes into idle mode after the
EPG-scan has finished normally. If you don't stop a running EPG-scan
manually you surely don't want to use the card.

> A suggestion for the EPG scan: I have seen the EPG
> on a Sky Digibox. That thing appears to retrieve the
> data on a demand-driven basis. In other words, it
> explicitly retrieves just the data that you can
> see on your current EPG OSD page. I think that is
> a clever strategy. At least in addition to the
> current (optional) continuous EPG scan it might be
> a good idea.
>
> Carsten.

Well, the big disadvance of an on demand EPG scan is that it takes a
real long time. I mean to get a listing of what's on the channel now you
have to wait minutes on many channels. (I've seen it on standalone
recievers) But anyhow, don't we already gather EPG information while
normal watching?

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index