[vdr] Re: Passive mode of VDR/EPG scan schedule for saving electricity

Christian Berger wrote:
> Well, the big disadvance of an on demand EPG scan is that it takes a
> real long time.

In my experience: not true.
What I saw on the Sky Digibox was excellent.
It took less than a second to update the 8 channels
listed per OSD page. Even if I paged forward by several
days to a point that was definitely not in any cache,
it took less than 3 seconds to update the 8 channels
listed per OSD page.

I am not against an (optional) scan that fills and
updates the EPG cache all the time, but I honestly
believe that an additional demand-driven EPG info
lookup would be a big improvement.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index