[vdr] Re: Passive mode of VDR/EPG scan schedule for saving electricity

Carsten Koch schrieb:

> Christian Berger wrote:
> > Well, the big disadvance of an on demand EPG scan is that it takes a
> > real long time.
>
> In my experience: not true.
> What I saw on the Sky Digibox was excellent.
> It took less than a second to update the 8 channels
> listed per OSD page. Even if I paged forward by several
> days to a point that was definitely not in any cache,
> it took less than 3 seconds to update the 8 channels
> listed per OSD page.
>
> I am not against an (optional) scan that fills and
> updates the EPG cache all the time, but I honestly
> believe that an additional demand-driven EPG info
> lookup would be a big improvement.
>
> Carsten.

Well I think we acutally always use all the EPG info we can get from the
transponder, don't we?
The times it takes to update the listings probably strongly depends on
the station. It's pointless anyhow since we already do the EPG info
lookup during normal viewing already, asside from the EPG scans.

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index