[vdr] Re: What about an passive mode of VDR?

Daniel Schneider wrote:

> So I'm only wasting energy with my vdr box, which
> is scanning EPGs all day long... But you're allright, we need a
> general approach.

Did I miss something : EPG electronic programming guide?
Scanning epg's should not be a problem. if the station sends valid EPG data
then this is usual
for a few days at once. So... I don't see the need to scan it 24hours.
Scanning means that the tuner has to switch to every station meaning that
the LNB has to be working.
There is no general trick to force a LNB to save power. Universal LNB's are
not really universal concerning
their construction. Limit the scanning or buy a sat magazine to know when
/what is on screen.

and.. I don't think that the power waisted was the problem here, if it was,
then why do you have a computer
in the first place.
In case of a heating problem.  I've posted twice now how to prevent on a
simple way that the tuner get's too hot.

Temperature measuring in a computer case: the system temp detection is not
correct. It's mounted on the mainboard.
Now.. where do you think that it's the hottest in a computer? at the bottom?
Where is the tuner on a DVBs card positioned?   Right.

Stefaan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index