[vdr] Re: Problems with recordings of ProSieben/SAT1/Kabel1

fboettger@t-online.de(Birgit Böttger)  03.05.02 22:29

Once upon a time Birgit Böttger shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi all,

>I have problems to record from ProSieben, SAT1 and Kabel1.
>The live signal of DVBs card is ok, but the recording is useless.
>In syslog there are messages like "ERROR: can't record MPEG1!".

Check you dish!
That error message is very typical for bad receive conditions.

Maybe the signal level patch can give you more information
about S/NR etc. (AFAIK it currrently needs a V.1.3 Card,)

It may be too possible that there are problems with
plug an play Interrupt sharing and/or fast CPUs.
See dvb-driver list.

>This happens many hours per day, but not at all times.
>I observed this since some days.
>All other channels (other transponder) are ok.
>Klaus is able to record the same channel at the same time,
>but without problems...
>I have no idea :-(

>Here are some facts:

Where?