[vdr] My power/noise/heat saving ideas

Servus

Well I have the following ideas to save power/noise/heat (in the meaning
as to prevent it)

1. Switch to a power saving processor:
  Use older Processors, those usually only consume a fraction of what
modern one do.
  I think VDR should run on a

2. Replace all small power supplies (those you put into your wall
outlet) by the power supply of your computer (it has more power than you
think)

3. Try to avoid harddisks:
  If possible lay a network connection to the central computer in your
house.
  If you don't have a central computer, you might save energy by using
RAM
   insteadt of harddisks (and flush maybe once a day)

Anyhow maybe saving energy on VDR is a bit pointless. I mean even when
you have 10 cards running 24/7 they won't consume more than 1% of your
total energy consumption.

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index