[vdr] Re: My power/noise/heat saving ideas

> 2. Replace all small power supplies (those you put into your wall
> outlet) by the power supply of your computer (it has more power than you
> think)

Actually a friend of mine is working on a power supply that so much
oversized (on purpose) that it gets along without ventilation.

> 3. Try to avoid harddisks:

I installed a second harddisk cage in my box on springs.
You don't hear them any more even if the housing is open, let alone
closed :)
I can make a photo of this if you want.

For the rest... well, a watercoolant for the CPU is in progress but a
bit tricky if you build it from scratch with old scrap (used motorcycle
cooler from Ebay, self-drilled cooler for the CPU etc)...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index