[vdr] Re: Newbie Q: anything else than Suse?

I think, the following paragraph from their page will clarify their policy
with ISOs:

"...

In order to be able to maintain this service in the future, as well as
meeting the accompanying wishes of our customers, we are dependent on sales
of our products and services, and must ensure that an adequate cost
structure exists within our company.

..."

I am not speaking for SUSE, but again, it is a comercial company and they
want to sell their products. And one of their channels to sell the
distribution is the ISO file on CD.

If they agree with copying ISOs they could put them also on their FTP Server
as the normal FTP distribution (or via NFS). So, what do you think why they
don't provide the ISOs via internet?

Hey, don't think that the life is free!

cheers
Manfred