[vdr] Re: teletext for vdr

Hi Alessio,

The translated text:

Hi Peter,

I've looked at you teletext decoder and patched vdr-1.0.1 with it. It is a
nice piece of code. It's the same way I would have done it.

It looks overall very good, but at which tasks I could help you?
At this point of development, I would do following changes asap:

- The "coded" teletext pages shouldn't be saved on the filesystem. They
should be saved in memory (then you could shutdown your harddisk => lower
noise). I could patch my decoder part into your patch if you like it.

- Try to test if a mpeg1 I-Frame could be faster encoded, with acceptable
quality.

- Showing the page requests over osd

- The call to VIDEO_STILLPICTURE won't work every time. I have to select a
teletext page two times to see them (I don't see the first, the second I
see, entering the third page, I see the second, and so on...)

Ciao,
    -Gregor

(Hope this fast ugly translation helps)

The above informations aren't up to date anymore as Peter told me he had
worked much on the decoder and mpeg encoder part. But he haven't released a
patch at this time.