[vdr] Re: Fast booting - was: Re: Re: Newbie Q: anything else than Suse?

Marc Haisenko schrieb:

> On Tuesday 07 May 2002 15:33, you wrote:
> > On Tuesday 07 May 2002 14:37, you wrote:
> > > Dear Marc,
> > > I am very interested in that modifications on Suse 7.3. Can you give some
> > > hints how to make the changes to the original init system ? What files
> > > should I take from LinuxFromScratch ? Have I to dive very deep into that,
> > > or can you give me a little ToDo-list?
> > >
> > > (must not be perfect, but like a guideline...)
> > >
> > > Thanx
> > > jm
> >
> > It's actually quite simple: move your /etc/rc.d directory to something like
> > /etc/rc.d.old so you have a backup of your working SuSE init scripts.
> >
> > Then unpack the rc.d and sysconfig directories from the file I've attached
> > into /etc and you're almost done.

Well what I've successfully done is to write a little shellscript and
point the kernel with INIT=/xterminal to it. I'm using kernel level
network autoconfiguration and have rather fast boottimes.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index