[vdr] Re: Stream broken: new vdr-file instead of emergency exit?

> Jan Grell wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > it sometimes happens, that vdr reports a broken video stream and
> > performs an emergency exit.
> > Just today it happened four times in a sequence. I even didn't have a
> > chance to cancel the timer, because of the emergency exits.
> > Also, the systems sometimes locks up, if the driver tries to reload the
> > fourth time.
> >
> > Would it be possible, to create a new recording file when the stream
> > comes again instead of exiting?
> > This would reduce the gaps in recordings...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jan

I have a similar problem - I looked in the /var/log/messages file and
found that my recordings were breaking off (exactly) every 5 minutes.

I'm running RH7.3, and have since editted my /etc/crontab which included
a task to run every 5 minutes (which gathers network statistics - not
interesting to me!).

This seems to have solved the problems (although I'm surprised that this
task should have disturbed my recordings).

Cheers,

Matt

Home | Main Index | Thread Index