[vdr] Re: Cable in germany

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how long it will take until the private
> channels (like
> sat1, pro7 etc) will be availiable in the german cable-network?

At most 8 years.
This is beacause the government forces them to do so by then.

A realistic guess ????
There are no channels available with the 450MHz cable that is commonly
active.
And the private stations would have to pay the Telekom/Kabel-Deutschland
extra fees.
Since there are not many people watching cable-TV digitally compared to
sat-TV (I assume almost all of them are watching Premiere) this is unlikely
to change in the near future :-(

CU,
Christian.

> Thx,