[vdr] Re: OT: copying ISO images (WAS: anything else than Suse?)

> I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this is true for music but not for software
> (at least in Germany). You are allowed to make exactly one backup-copy of any
> software you buy but you are not allowed to "lend" it to a friend, AFAIK.
>
> But with music (and maybe videos) this is another story: you may make as many
> private copies and even give these copies to as many friends as you like as
> long as you don't demand any payments (demanding just the price for the blank
> CD is OK though).
>
> And I'm pretty sure that there is a legal definition for "friends" ;-)
> C'ya,
> 	Marc

1st: SUSE is OpenSource!

2nd: You can make as many copies you want (read the license)

3rd: If you buy one package you can use it for your complete IT (even if
you have a 80,000-client-lan (I've called SUSE to make that sure)

4th: SUSE doesn't earn it's income with the distros but with service!

The distros are only to get the market against Windoze.

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index