[vdr] Re: Distributed VDR

Schilcher Guido wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> is it possible to build a vdr with 2 machines. one as server maybe a
> file-server and an internet-router too with one or more dvb-cards and enough
> hd-space and one or more diskless viewing stations with one full dvb-s card
> for watching tv and records from the server. both are connected to lan.
>
> my problem is, how can i programm the server with the on screen menu from
> the viewing station.
>
> thanks for your answers
>
> guido
>
> p.s.
> sorry about my bad english

You need to provide the video- and config-files/-directories by nfs.

Then you can run VDR on every machine (server, clients) and they use the
same video-directory and config-files.

The only problem is that the client machines will try to record parallel
to the server. But there was a patch around to disable the
recording-function (look at the ML-archive).

TO KLAUS SCHMIDINGER:

Could you implement a command-line-option like "-no-dvb-out" for
disabling the need of a full-featured DVB-X in a server and another
command-line-option like "no-recording" for a client, which simply
suppresses recording?

This way it would be possible to determine client/server by
command-line-option without recompiling.

Would be great to the great VDR! :o)

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index