[vdr] Re: nvram-wakeup question

high!

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Joerg Riechardt (JR) wrote:

JR> Hello,
JR> I'm trying to use nvram-wakeup 0.04b on my Asus P2B.
JR> The README says I have to recompile the nvram module.
JR> Now my beginners question: How do I compile just  one module?
JR> I know make modules, but only one?

just change the one line in nvram.c as described in the documentation of
nvram-wakeup. and then just do a
  make modules modules_install

Of course this is only true if you selected the nvram driver as a module.
If you selected it as built into the kernel, you have to do a
  make bzImage
or whatever you usually take.

the make program will automatically recognize which source files are
changed since last build and compile only those anew.

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain